Standards of Excellence
Spring Meadows participates in the Mission of the Advancing Excellence in America’s Skilled Nursing Facilities campaign.
This campaign is designed to help ensure skilled nursing facilities achieve excellence in the quality of care and quality of life for their residents.
- Key components of the initiative are:
- Establishing and supporting an infrastructure of Local Area Networks for Excellence (LANEs).
- Strengthening the workforce
- Improving clinical and organizational outcomes
This campaign works closely with other national skilled nursing facility quality initiatives to streamline efforts and to prevent duplication of efforts. These components are achieved by utilizing many techniques shared by those participating in the initiative. They include:
- Helping skilled nursing facilities make a difference in the lives of residents and staff by focusing on eight goals related to its mission.
- Providing free, practical and evidence-based resources to support quality improvement efforts in America’s skilled nursing facilities.
- Providing support to those on the front-lines of skilled nursing facility care.
- Promoting open communication and transparency between families, residents, and skilled nursing facility staff.
The eight goals within the initiative deal with: minimizing staff turnover; consistent assignment (being regularly cared for by the same caregiver); restraints (residents are independent to the best of their ability, free of restraints) ; pressure ulcers (prevention and treatment); pain (prevention and minimalzation); advance care planning (discussing goals for care); resident/family satisfaction; and staff satisfaction.
Employee of the Month
Amanda Sumner, RN, BSN, 400 Hall
Amanda is our employee highlight for the month of May. She is a first shift RN on 400 Hall. AmandaClick to read more >